Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Happy Tuesday Morning

Dear Friends,

Today is another beautiful day simply because we're alive. The weather may not be good where you are and there may be other circumstances in your life that are less than ideal, but if you're breathing it's still a good day.

I have many special guests that I will feature in coming days. However, today I want to take a different path and tell you a little about my writing. My first book was a Christian poetry book titled Walk Softly (You're Steppin' On My Heart!). That book was released in 2002 and is still a big seller for me today. Next came a long line of fun, whimsical children's books. I have written chapter books, picture books and rhyming picture books. And, I've written a short story collection about my life growing up on an ol' dirt road in rural Arkansas. Check out this synopsis of that book. Believe it or not I lived in a much different world back then than the one I know now. 

Remember the good ol' days when things were simple, sweet tea was the drink of choice, and small-town America was the place you called home? Mud Puddles and Muscadines is a heartwarming and sometimes humorous collection of Southern anecdotes about growing up and experiencing life in rural Arkansas. Take a trip back through the years and see what childhood was like for a simple country girl. 

If you have ever lived in the country, you will totally understand the life I lived all those years ago. If you have lived in the city all of your life, you'll still be highly entertained when reading Mud Puddles and Muscadines. Guess what, this is a nonfiction book and I actually name names. You might know some of the folks in my book. 

I started out at the age of nine writing a Country song with my daddy and performing on stage with his band. I just didn't think that life could get any better. Music was constantly around me. I'm sure that's why I love to sing and write songs today. 

I still sing and I still write songs and I have two more books in progress that should be released in the new few weeks. Watch for Violet's Not-So-Velvet Voice and Meet the Darlin' Dujeezeys. You'll love them both I think. Other books of mine to be on the lookout for in the future are Bubba Bogart and His Blazing Beetle Band and The Parade of the Prancing Pets. 

While you might think the above mentioned books are all I've written, that would be wrong. I have many more that are already written, but just need a little polish to make them publishing ready. 

You can purchase ALL of my books on Amazon. I hope you'll stroll right on over there and order one or two of them. If you want signed copies, you MUST order directly from me via Facebook. There are many Pat Brannons on Facebook. Go figure. But, you can find me at www.facebook.com.pbrannon1. You can follow me on Twitter @PatBrannon3 also.

Well, that's about it for now. I hope you have an awesome day and that you will come back daily to my website and read the latest blog. My guests are gonna be awesome. I have some highly accomplished folks that will be featured on here in coming days. Scroll down to see who some of those are. 

Until next time,

Pat


No comments:

Post a Comment